Grease Slapped ( Ink Slapped Book 2) by A.M. Jones

Grease Slapped ( Ink Slapped Book 2) by A.M. Jones
Eli Gregor’s hole couldn’t be any larger as he fights to redeem himself. When tragedy strikes, he learns a few things about holes as Taylor explores the values of right and wrong. Caught between better judgment and desire, Taylor and Eli find themselves at a crossroads—should they make the best decision for their careers or give in to their undeniable connection? A torrid tale that weaves humor, drama, and sexual tension, Grease Slapped will leave you reeling and wanting more. *Grease Slapped contains explicit language and sexual content. It's the conclusion of Ink Slapped.* https://www.amazon.com/Grease-Slapped-Ink-Book-ebook/dp/B07CYNSTVK/

EXCERPT

I stop walking, keeping my focus on the exit. “Sorry Hunter, but I’m with someone.”
“You mean the dude that was about to get it on with Kayla in the backroom?”
A violent turn of my stomach makes me clutch it tight.
“Yes, the dude in the backroom,” Eli spits at Hunter, stalking down the hall. He grabs my arm, never stopping his angry stride. He drags me outside. People are everywhere, but he seems to know where he’s going. When we reach a parking lot, I recognize Milo’s van as Eli spins me to face him. “You’re mad.”
“Why would I be? You haven’t done anything wrong.” I cross my arms.
“You’re fucking kidding me, right? Then why did you walk out like that?” The alcohol fumes hit me in the face. His eyes flash and they’re a bit red. His jaw grinds something fierce. When I say nothing, he scoffs—an incredulous sound. “You’re jealous?”
Again, I keep my words to myself. I’ll only make it worse.
“Or are you mad because I interrupted you and that guy?”
“Really?” I snort and snap, “I’m not the one who’s married.”
A mocking laugh rumbles from his throat. “Do you know how it feels to be okay one second, insanely euphoric the next, and then fall into a despair so deep, you’re not sure you’ll ever climb out?” He boxes me in with his arms, supporting himself against the van. His face inches closer.
“You hide under all that ink. But you’re not fooling me. You can tell yourself whatever you need to keep this locked tight.” He traces a heart shape on my chest. “That’s why you don’t like Ink Slapped.”
I close my eyes.
“You know the weekend of the convention? Madison wanted me to get you out of my system.”
My body’s so tense I wonder why I don’t break in half.
“I don’t think it’d be that easy,” he whispers. Almost like it was more to himself than me.
I shake my head. Not disagreeing with him, I don’t know what to say to diffuse the situation. I don’t know how to make things better. A few moments tick by. “You’re not gonna say anything?” When I don’t respond, he pushes from the van, spinning away from me. “I don’t need this. I don’t fucking need another woman driving me fucking crazy.” He stops and hangs his head. “Maybe you are like your mom.”
I feel my chest expand like my body wants to start sobbing. I clench my hand, knowing the truth of his statement. “You’re right,” I whisper. “Go live your life and chase the dream. I’ll break your heart eventually, anyway.”

He links his hands behind his neck. “Don’t you think that’s for me to decide?” His head turns so I can see his profile, and he drops his arms. “But like I said, Taylor, whatever you gotta tell yourself.” He cuts his eyes sideways before shaking his head and walking away.

Author Bio: Author A.M. Jones is a hopeless romantic with a lewd mind. She resides in Tennessee and writes about anything that strikes her inspiration and creativity. Her strength in characterization makes realistic elements of humor, angst, and drama jump from the page and into your soul. Ms. Jones’ other half has published books in dark fantasy and continues to do so.
  https://www.authoramjones.com/ https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAMJones/ https://twitter.com/AuthorAMJones https://instagram/AuthorAMJones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

The Last Ten Pounds by Lina Sage