Fortune Favors the Witch
by Ani Gonzalez
Fortune teller Luanne LaRue, is trying to build a new life in the haunted town of Banshee Creek and the last thing she wants is a conflict with super-sexy Sheriff Sean Stickley. But when a mysterious fraud spreads through town (along with a dead body) she has no choice. She has to find the culprit and clear her name fast before her new life (and new love) is destroyed.
Hi, my name is Ani Gonzalez. I write paranormal romantic comedy and cozy mystery and Laura has kindly agreed to host the book tour for Fortune Favors the Witch, the second book in my Main Street Witches cozy mystery series.
Main Street Witches is a spin off of my haunted town romantic comedy series, Banshee Creek. Three witches head to America’s Most Haunted Town to open up business and find romance and mystery along the way. The series was inspired by my love of all things witchy (just like Banshee Creek arose out of my enthusiasm for all things haunted). The town is pretty much an independent character with lots of spooky shops and institutions (including a haunted library) to give you a taste of the town and the characters, here’s the first astrology column published by fortune teller Luanne LaRue in the local newspaper, The Banshee Creek Scream. Enjoy!
Greetings, residents of Banshee Creek. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Luanne LaRue, also known as Madame Esmeralda. I’ll be doing tarot readings at the Banshee Creek Botánica and monthly horoscopes at WRPV, the Country’s Most Haunted Radio Station.
A lot of you are curious about me, so I thought I’d use my first column to answer a your questions.
1. Can you tell your own future? No, I can’t. I can sort of triangulate by divining the future of people who cross my path. I can also use tarot cards and my astrological chart to gain insights on the challenges that face me. However, I can’t tell my own future. It doesn’t work that way.
2. Why don’t you just play the stock market and make a bundle that way? Actually, I used to work as a stock analyst. The least said about that the better.
3. What’s with the crazy ghost in your house? We have an office pool as to when you’re finally moving out. Honoria and I get along great. I’m not moving out, guys. It’s the cheapest rent in town. By the way, whoever checked season four of Supernatural out of the library, please bring it back. My ghostly roommate wants to know how Dean gets out of Hell.
4. Will your website ever be up? All signs point to Maybe. Once the Mercury Retrograde is done, for sure. In the meantime, the newsletter sign-up is up, so you can keep up with all the news.
5. What’s with the “Season of Darkness” stuff that the crazies are talking about? Are bad things really going to happen in Banshee Creek? Saturn is transiting Scorpio. It’s a time of transition and introspection, and, yes, it can sometimes be a difficult period. However, if used properly, it can lead to great growth and blossoming. Don’t worry guys, we’ll tackle this all together.
Originally published in The Banshee Creek Scream, The Spookiest News That’s Fit to Print.
Witches and Ghosts, Aliens and things that go bump in the night (unless the tv show Supernatural is playing,) all make for an enjoyable episode in the goings on in the small, haunted town of Banshee Creek. A new sheriff that comes from a different world, a fortune teller astrologist who has a real talent but also a shadowy past and a cast of wonderful characters I want to learn more about.This was a fun read combining mystery, crime and romance.