KEY TO A MURDER BOOK TOUR




4th in Series
Cozy Cat Press (August 12, 2016)
Print Length: 176 pages
ASIN: B01KD97TK6


Synopsis

A mysterious woman appears on the doorstep of Great Aunt Sybil’s Attic in the middle of the night. Owner Anne Hillstrom lets her in, only to have the woman die in her arms. With no final words, and only an old lantern clutched to her chest, the dead woman provides Anne and her partner CC precious few clues to discover her murderer or why she spent her last moments in their antique store. The two Antique Hunters search for clues, finding themselves entangled in a centuries-old mystery leading them to a cemetery in Ireland where a ghost from the past has left them a cryptic message, and a killer has left them no choice but to discover his identity before he kills again. On their journey, the two best friends encounter antiques, romance and the key to a murder.



This is the type of cozy I love reading when there is no one else in the house. I was enjoying getting lost in the story, where SO MUCH is going on, that I did not want to be interrupted. Living with cats, you know that's a near impossibility.
I am partial to books set in Midwestern cities. I am also a treasure hunting addict. Add in a ghostly presence and I am hooked. Bonus points for hunky firefighters and a connection to Native Americans.

The book opens with a knock on the door, after hours, during a rainstorm.
There are grand dreams of building a dream home and terrorizing the architect with continuously changing plans. A fan club for a blog about junk scrounging! And bees. Can you tell why I wanted not to be interrupted?

Even though this is the fourth book in a series, it reads wonderfully well as a stand alone. However I see the rest of this series rising quickly on my TBR list.



What am I going to do about Anne? She is constantly shopping, overspending her budget and crowding things into her already overcrowded apartment. I find it my responsibility to reign her in. Let me introduce myself. I am CC Muller, Anne Hillstrom’s best friend. Anne and I share our antique hunting adventures in the Antique Hunters Mystery Series written by our dear friend, Vicki Vass.


While I blog about Anne and mine adventures traveling to estate sales, flea markets and auctions, Vicki actually embellishes our stories with a dose of murder. Now I’m not going to say that Anne and I haven’t had a bit of trouble here and there but it is not as dire as Vicki writes it. We do provide sufficient material for her to work on.
Anne spends many of her days, shopping both in brick-and-mortar stores as well as online on eBay or her newest favorite auction house, Everything but the House. She is constantly on the search for her next find, her next great deal.
I, on the other hand, enjoy shopping but tend to be slightly more practical. I am drawn to antiques as well because the quality and workmanship cannot be found in newer pieces. Currently I spend my days writing for the metal magazine and helping Anne at our antique store, Great-Aunt Sybil’s Attic.
For as long as I remember, I wanted to write. After college, I stumbled my way into writing for a magazine covering the metals industry. And after 25 years in the industry, my contacts now come to me with stories. It is very rewarding to bring together a group of facts and share them with my now avid readers.
After being so successful in my everyday writing, I turned to chronicle our adventures. Anne and I have traveled throughout the Midwest shopping. We find vintage items, antiques and collectibles. From that blog, we have grown a list of followers – many of whom contact us searching for items such as an old ship’s bell, a toy they had as a child or a china service that reminds them of their grandmother. It grew into quite a little business so much so that Anne and I decided it was time to open our own store.
While the store has been quite successful, I find it often necessary to monitor Anne. She has never meet an antique that she doesn’t like, and she has never found it easy to part with anything. I tend to be slightly more practical and hope to find good homes for every piece, and that home may not necessarily be mine.
That brings me back to my original question, what am I going to do about Anne? She has gone off this time, dreaming of building mansions with crystal chandeliers and gilded mantels. I will need to reign her in and be the practical one. It is a challenge. One that I am certainly up for. I consider it my responsibility, no my duty, to take care of my close friend. 

Find out more in Key to a Murder. . .


About This Author

With a passion for shopping and antiques, Vicki Vass turned in her reporter’s notebook to chronicle the adventures of Anne and CC, two antique hunters who use their skills to solve a murder case.
Vicki has written more than 1,400 stories for the Chicago Tribune as well as other commercial publications including Home & Away, the Lutheran and Woman’s World. Her science fiction novel, The Lexicon, draws on her experience in Sudan while writing about the ongoing civil war for World Relief.
She lives in the Chicago area with her husband, writer and musician Brian Tedeschi, son Tony, Australian shepherd Bandit, kittens Terra and Pixel, seven koi and Gary the turtle.
Author Links –
Purchase Links – 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

Alicia Connected: Tricked with Treats by Derek Fisher