BEWARE THE ORCHIDS














Cozy Mystery


1st in Series

Forget Me Not Romances, a division of Winged Publications

http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47.png
Release Date - February 4, 2016

Paperback: 216 pages

ISBN-13: 978-1944203061

E-BOOK ASIN: B01BI6RAGG


Ditched at the altar, Shelby Hart tosses down her bouquet, quits her job, and accepts a position as gardener and event coordinator at an upscale retirement community. Her first day on the job results with a dead body in the greenhouse under the orchids and with her as the prime suspect!
Toss in a handsome handyman, quirky characters, and a flirtatious grandma and the fun never stops.









HOW I MOVED ON AFTER BEING JILTED

Here I am, Shelby Hart, sitting at the church in my wedding dress and no groom. This was supposed to be a good day. The best ever!

No problem.   I tossed down my bouquet and stormed out.    What to do now?

After days of wallowing in self-pity, I quit my job as a third-grade teacher and took a new job as a gardener for an upscale retirement community. Leave all that is familiar and forge ahead, right? At least that’s what I told myself. I sure didn’t plan on life taking the turn it had on my wedding day or on the day I started my new job.

I might be small, but I’m feisty. So, when I found a dead body and discovered Grandma Ida was moving to the community, I only faltered a bit.  After all, she was so much like Lucille Ball, things never slowed down around her. Things got a little hairy when I accused the handsome maintenance man of murder, but that’s another story altogether.


Is there a moral to my story? I guess it would be…don’t let one unfaithful man steer you away from a truly good one. 
Oh, and don’t try to solve murder mysteries. Your life becomes in danger.



This series shows a lot of potential. I liked the characters and the setting. There is a little bit of attraction tension going on between Shelby and the hunky handyman. Too bad their boss also has eyes for him. The seniors in this home do not sit idly by and let life just happen.
It should be fun to see what happens as Shelby feels more comfortable in her role and the center changes to a more exclusive residence.




Multi-published and Amazon and ECPA Best-Selling author Cynthia Hickey has sold over a million copies of her works since 2013. She has taught a Continuing Education class at the 2015 American Christian Fiction Writers conference, several small ACFW chapters and RWA chapters. You can find her on FB, twitter, and Goodreads, and is a contributor to Cozy Mystery Magazine blog and Suspense Sisters blog. She and her husband run the small press, Forget Me Not Romances, which includes some of the CBA’s best well-known authors. She lives in Arizona with her husband, one of their seven children, two dogs, one cat, and three box turtles. She has eight grandchildren who keep her busy and tell everyone they know that “Nana is a writer”.
 Twitter: @cynthiahickey
Purchase Link



Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

The Last Ten Pounds by Lina Sage