Barnabus Tew Case of the Nine Worlds






Barnabas Tew and The Case of The Nine Worldshttps://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?source=bk&t=dollycsthoug-20&bm-id=default&l=ktl&linkId=00699bb8c3af98482d2af22440e2eb21&_cb=1531244637140
Cozy Mystery/Fantasy
2nd in Series
Crooked Cat Books (September 4, 2018)
Paperback: 310 pages
ISBN-10: 172240728X
ISBN-13: 978-1722407285
Digital ASIN: B07DKH8CZC
https://i0.wp.com/www.escapewithdollycas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47.png?zoom=1.100000023841858&resize=130%2C41&ssl=1
Hold your flying horses!
Barnabas Tew and Wilfred Colby are back, and, once again, they’re in a bit of a pickle.
Barnabas and Wilfred, two earnest but bumbling Victorian detectives, travel through the Nine Worlds of Norse mythology, trying to stave off the impending end of the world – an event which the locals call Ragnarok. This time, however, the intrepid twosome has some help: a brave Viking seer named Brynhild and her flying horse.
Can the two plucky detectives and the fearsome Brynhild outwit those who would bring about Ragnarok? Will they survive the harsh conditions and terrifying creatures of the Norse afterlife?
Will they save the world…again?


Today, Barnabas (of the best-selling “Barnabas Tew” series”) visits the blog to talk about his adventures in “Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Nine Worlds”, the second book of the series. In it, he and his assistant, Wilfred, find themselves whisked off to the Nine Worlds of Norse mythology, where they must prevent Ragnarok (aka the end of the world!)
Now, with no further ado, I present…Barnabas! (cheers and applause as Barnabas steps out of the wings, bows, and takes a seat).


“Well, hullo”, says Barnabas, blushing a bit at the attention. “I am very pleased to be here, and to talk to all of you fine folks about the adventures Wilfred and I had in the world of the Vikings. And what incredible adventures they were! I should scarcely believe them, if I had not experienced it all myself.
‘You see, the Vikings are a very…well, unusual sort of people. Not at all like proper British society, really. It was a bit difficult to navigate things, seeing as how neither Wilfred nor I knew anything whatsoever about the Viking gods before coming to Asgard. Luckily for us, Odin gave us a guide. Brynhild was her name, and she proved to be incredibly invaluable. I don’t give praise lightly, as anyone who knows me would tell you, but Brynhild saved our hides more than once, and I am most grateful to her for that.
‘Of course, she could also be quite a know-it-all, and at times I swear she was doing things simply to provoke me…but that is here nor there. I digress. I was praising Brynhild, even if she is a bit of a nincompoop.
‘But to get on with it…we were discussing Ragnarok, I believe? For those of you who don’t know, Ragnarok is the end of the world, according to the Vikings. It involves a very large snake, and a great battle, and everyone dies, excepting of course for those who don’t, and it’s all very confusing really. But all that doesn’t matter, because it was my job (along with Wilfred and Brynhild, of course) to stop all that from happening, or, to be more precise, to delay it, since it would be a most disagreeable sort of event, don’t you agree?
‘Now, I mentioned delaying it rather than stopping it entirely, and you are probably wondering about that. You see, the Vikings believe that it is something that absolutely must happen, and that it has happened before, and will happen again…yes, yes, it is all terribly confusing. Something about cycles, and the nature of things, and it all goes round and round. As I said before, Vikings are a very strange lot and, to be honest, I don’t think they make a great deal of sense.
‘So, I have probably confused you a great deal, but that is why you must read the book, because it simply cannot all be explained to anyone’s satisfaction in one sitting. A great lot of things happened, you see, and they were all terribly exciting. There were dragons, and snakes, and elves (and not the nice sort of elves, you know, but the rather more dreadful Viking version of elves). And wolves. The wolves were the worst, I should say.
‘Anyway, I have said enough, or, at least, all that I intended to say, so as not to spoil the story for you. It is a very important story, you see…of course it is, seeing as how it has to do with Ragnarok and what-not…so I’ll leave you to it. I do hope you enjoy it!”
With that, Barnabas bows, waves awkwardly, and hurries off the stage.
Thank you very much for coming to see Barnabas, and we do hope you enjoy his story!

Website: https://columbkill.weebly.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ColumbkillNoonan
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/columbkillnoon1  

   Buy link: mybook.to/BarnabasNineWorlds




I will rate this between a 3.5 and a 4. I enjoyed it more than the first book but still am having some reservations about recommending this series. 
Once again there was a lot of bickering and back and forth dialogue. It reminds me of the Laurel and Hardy movies I watched as a child. In that respect, I think young readers may enjoy it, but being based on Norsk Mythology, there may be some topics that are not well suited for younger readers.

It has a LOT of action, danger, adventure and unusual situations.
I could feel Barnabus's frustrations and felt sad for Wilfred. 
This book has even more humor than the last, even in situations one would generally not find laughable.

The author does a nice job of world building.
I am not sure if I will go on the read the next book.



Columbkill Noonan has an M.S. in Biology (she has, in turn, been a field biologist, an environmental compliance inspector, and a lecturer of Anatomy and Physiology).
When she’s not teaching or writing, she can usually be found riding her rescue horse, Mittens, practicing yoga (on the ground, in an aerial silk, on a SUP board, and sometimes even on Mittens), or spending far too much time at the local organic, vegan market.
Author Links
Purchase Link 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

The Last Ten Pounds by Lina Sage