Book Title: Alycat and the Friendship Friday by Alysson Foti Bourque
Illustrated by: Chiara Civati
Category: Children's Fiction, 32 pages
Genre: Picture Book, Friendship
Publisher: Mascot Books
Release date: Oct 23, 2018
Tour dates: Oct 1 to 27, 2018
Content Rating: G
It’s finally Friday, and Alycat is excited to go on a field trip with her friends. But when she doesn’t have anyone to sit with on the bus, Alycat feels left out. Can she use her creativity and imagination to help everyone feel included?
Alycat and the Friendship Friday will teach readers that making new friends isn’t as scary as you might think.
Buy the Book:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Book Depository
Watch the book trailer:
Marketing Tps for Authors
by Alysson Foti Bourque
Marketing your book starts before it is written. You need to ask yourself who you are writing this book for and who will be buying it. This is who you are marketing to. Pre-release marketing is a must and here are some steps to take before your book is released.
- Build an author website and/or book website.
- Set up a social media presence with Facebook, Instagram, Google, Pinterest, Goodreads, and Twitter.
- Order book signage, tablecloths, bookmarks, brochures, and other book swag for your future author visits once you have your colored storyboard images. A few of my favorite online sources are: Vistaprint, Zazzle, Etsy, and Office Depot.
- Start drafting a press release, order form, and other press kit documents if needed.
- Have a current picture/headshot taken of yourself to include in your press kit and About the Author book page.
- Whether you use your publisher’s marketing team or an outside public relations firm, it is beneficial to have their expertise working with you at least 3 months prior to your book launch and after.
- Start planning your book launch party!
- Plan a book tour after your release.
- Send out galleys of your book to reviewers and submit for awards.
- Use your black and white storyboards as coloring pages for children at your signings/readings. Add a logo or website address to the coloring page for contact information.
- Line up virtual book tours to start during the month of your release.
- Reach out to media outlets for interviews and podcasts.
Enjoy the journey!
Meet the Author:
Alysson Foti Bourque earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and a Juris Doctor degree from the Southern University Law Center. After practicing law for six years, she traded in writing trial briefs for writing children’s books. She enjoys public speaking opportunities at schools, conferences, and festivals nationwide. She hopes to inspire people of all ages to follow their dreams and believe in themselves. Currently, she resides in Sunset, Louisiana with her husband and two children.
Connect with the Author: Website ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ Instagram
Enter the Giveaway!
Ends Nov 3, 2018