Every dog has his day by Chloe Grace



Every dog has his day

They say every dog has his day.
Well, today I've certainly had mine.



Hey, I'm Albertus Eagle and it turns out I'm an unwitting pet detective. I haven't always been such a successful legal beagle, but when I'm confronted with a case that is so personal I can't ignore it, I discover I have a passion for finding those who don't want to be found.
Cleo the cat. Well, she came along for the ride too.
So, sure I've had my day today, but not in the sense of being past my prime. To the contrary, the fun is just starting. And I am buzzing with a new purpose, mixed with a tiny amount of vindictive elation.
Why?
Because, I've not only found myself a new home after the untimely demise of my previous owner, but I've also made amends with the cat. It turns out she's not that bad, really.
On top of that though, and this is what really sends shivers racing all the way down my spine to my paws, is that we've fingered a killer.
How?
Because you human’s, you underestimate us animals. And while you go about your business ignoring our very existence, the cat and I are listening and taking notes.
This is the first full length novel in the Albertus Eagle detective beagle series of animal cozy mysteries, starring Albertus Eagle, and his two sidekicks, Cleo the cat and Bella Schuhmann, the smart human who actually understands him. In this wonderful full length book packed with humour and satire, we see the world of murder and intrigue set up through the eyes of a loyal dog turned amateur sleuth.
Purchase Links:


Albertus Eagle is a beagle. He used to travel with a performing pianist, but she is gone now. Murdered.
To most, her death appears to have been by natural causes associated with old age but Albie has better instincts. He knows it was not Milly's time to die.
Fortunately he and his sidekick, Cleo, a cat, are adopted by a sympathetic dogwalker at the shelter.
I should mention she, Bella, can also understand Albie when he speaks.

The story begins with the end, as a suspect is sent packing in a squad car. This book is Albie explaining how the murder was solved.
Although famous, it seems Milly was not as well liked by those closest to her. Many had motives to wish her gone. She was not the person her best beagle believed her to be.

A nice, clean cozy mystery with a hint of romance and the growth of some beautiful friendships.


I also downloaded the prequel to this series from Amazon.
This prequel sets the scene and introduces us to the major suspects.
An animal themed cozy mystery featuring a beagle who sometimes can't help himself from following his instincts. His sidekick, besides the humans, is a cat with typical cat attitude, but also a soft spot for HER dog.



Author Bio – Chloe Grace is the cozy mystery pen name for romantic mystery author, Karen Botha. While she doesn’t understand animals quite as well as Bella in the Albertus Eagle Detective Beagle cozy mysteries, she does chat along to her rescue dog, Shadow, pretty much all day.
And she’s sure that he chats back.
Chloe lives with Shadow and her hubby in a small outpost of London city—funnily enough it’s a little like where Bella and Albie live. As a family they like to go on walks in the local woods and throw a tennis ball until their respective arms ache, which is usually before Shadow shows any hint of exhaustion.
While her first romance novels were inspired by true life events, the Albertus Eagle series are complete imagination – although her conversations with Shadow can’t be ignored.

Social Media Links –











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

African Vengeance by Steve Braker