Instant Indian




Instant Indian - Classic Foods from Every Region of India Made Easy in the Instant Pot
Discover favorite foods from all over India with the first regional Indian cookbook authorized by Instant Pot!



Rinku Bhattacharya — cookbook author and founder of Spice Chronicles — has put together a collection of 100 authentic recipes that showcase the diversity and range of the foods of India, where every state and region boasts its own unique dishes. Whether you crave takeout favorites or want to be introduced to lesser-known specialties, this cookbook brings the best of India to your table in an instant!
The Instant Pot® lends itself perfectly to Indian recipes, making flavorful, nutritious Indian fare (like simmering-all-day dals, legumes and all manner of curries) in minutes instead of hours. Instant Indian features numerous vegetarian and vegan options , and nearly all recipes are gluten-free.
With step-by-step instructions and color photos throughout, Instant Indian makes Indian cooking easy and fool-proof using all the functions of this popular appliance.
Purchase Links






I will be honest. Pressure cookers scare me. I grew up with a very heavy duty, puffing, steaming, clicking, smoking pressure cooker that really got very little use in my mother's kitchen. I was terrified it would explode or I would be burned horribly.
Fast forward to today and the invention of the Instant Pot. 
I watched as Instant Pots became a favorite thing item on many celebrity and influencer lists.
I let my friends buy one first and try them out. Meanwhile, the pressure cooker I inherited hid unused in a deep dark corner of my lower kitchen cupboards. And yes, I watched youtube videos.

As with author Rinku Bhattacharya's other books, I recommend you read the introductory materials. She provides so much value and insight besides her delicious recipes. I discovered there is a facebook group for fans of this book and the recipes contained.
You will also learn more about the geographic influences on the recipes and how to seek out the recipes that best suit your preferred diet. I enjoyed learning more about the individual spices and herbs.

The photographs are mouthwatering. The recipes themselves are not intimidating. 
The variety provided can keep you interested and delighted for months.
It may even convince me to buy an Instant Pot for myself, rather than asking others to make the recipes for me.




About Rinku Bhattacharya


Rinku Bhattacharya (spicechronicles.com) was born in India, and now lives in a house with a vibrant backyard in Hudson Valley, New York with her husband, an avid gardener, and their two children. Rinku’s simple, sustainable approach to Indian cooking is showcased on her blog, Spice Chronicles, and in her Journal News column “Spices and Seasons.”

Rinku has been teaching recreational cooking classes for the past nine years, and works extensively with local area farmer’s markets on seasonal demonstrations and discussions. Rinku is also the author of The Bengali Five Spice Chronicles (Hippocrene Books, 2012), winner of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2013 for Best Indian Cuisine. She writes for the Poughkeepsie Journal, the Journal News, and several online sites, and is a frequent guest on CT Style TV.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

Alicia Connected: Tricked with Treats by Derek Fisher