Playing Possum (The 2 Sisters Pet Valet Mysteries) by Dane McCaslin

 

  Playing Possum (The 2 Sisters Pet Valet Mysteries) 

  by Dane McCaslin

About Playing Possum


                                      


Playing Possum (The 2 Sisters Pet Valet Mysteries) 

  Cozy Mystery 3rd in Series 

  Publisher ‏ : ‎ Lyrical Press (October 5, 2021) 

  Number of Pages: 300 (approx.) 

  Digital ASIN ‏ : ‎ B08SJ2VFHP 


 


The 2 Sisters Pet Valet Service is purring along, thanks to the entrepreneurial talents of retired schoolteacher Gwen Franklin and her bestie and business partner, Nora Goldstein.

 

But when the fur starts to fly, they become partners in crime detecting as well . . .

 

At Nora’s request, Gwen is happy to accompany her to a meeting with ex-hubby #3’s lawyer. Much to Nora’s surprise—and dismay—she’s been named executor of said ex’s will. The fact that the man has been missing for years and was just declared legally dead only makes an already complicated process more so. And besides, is he really dead? What’s not a surprise is that Nora’s twin ex-stepchildren are pressing for access to their father’s dry cleaning fortune . . .

 

With Gwen’s assist, it’s time for Nora to do a little digging. It turns out that the twins’ catering business is failing—and that their dad’s business was laundering more than clothing. Soon, Gwen and Nora are infiltrating a long list of dirty deeds, including fraud and illegal gains. And the perpetrators are all too close to home. The police may want Gwen and Nora to stick to their own line of work, but the pair are determined to make sure the truth comes out in the wash—before someone ends up in the discard bin . . .



 

Dear Diary


The winter I was ten, my grandmother gave me my mother’s copy of The Diary of Anne Frank. It was paperback, marked 40 cents on the cover, and the edge of each page was yellowed. I gobbled that book up. I adored it. I wanted to be Anne, only without the sad ending.

Right away I wanted my own red-checked covered diary, just as Anne had. So my grandmother, bless her heart, obliged. She got a regular spiral notebook, contrived a cover of red gingham material, and presented it to me the next time we drove out to her place.

I was over the moon. Really. I finally had my own diary to wrote up my private thoughts and observations. And I tried. I really did. But to be honest, I didn’t have any heart wrenching things to write about, unless you counted my brothers bugging me when I wanted to be alone or having to get up early every day for school. My life was boring, at least in my eyes.

I don’t know what became of that homemade diary. And worse, I don’t know what I did with that copy of Anne Frank’s book. What I didn’t misplace, though, was the lesson that we live in a world where people can be downright cruel to one another because of differences. The original cancel culture, you might call it.

I call it nonsense. It takes all kinds to make the world go ‘round, as the old saying goes. And wouldn’t life be boring if we all thought the same way?

We can learn a lot from a book. 

 

About Dana McCaslin

McCaslin began a life-long love of mysteries at a very young age. She bypassed Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden and went straight for Agatha Christie, thanks to her mother’s library books. 

Dane is retired from a twenty-plus-year career in teaching high school and college English, and she uses her newfound freedom to read for pleasure, write mysteries, and smell the roses.

Author Links 

  Purchase Links - Amazon - B&N - Kobo - Google Play 


  TOUR PARTICIPANTS 
  September 27 – Author Elena Taylor's Blog – CHARACTER INTERVIEW 
  September 27 – Novels Alive – GUEST POST 
  September 27 – Maureen's Musings – SPOTLIGHT 
  September 28 – Mysteries with Character – AUTHOR INTERVIEW 
  September 28 – Baroness' Book Trove – SPOTLIGHT 
  September 28 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT 
  September 29 – I'm All About Books – SPOTLIGHT 
  September 29 – Christy's Cozy Corners – GUEST POST 
  September 30 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews - REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST 
  September 30 – Hearts & Scribbles – SPOTLIGHT 
  September 30 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW*, GUEST POST 
  October 1 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT 
  October 1 – Literary Gold - CHARACTER GUEST POST 
  October 2 – Ascroft, eh? – AUTHOR INTERVIEW 
  October 2 – Laura's Interests – CHARACTER GUEST POST 
  October 3 – Celticlady's Reviews – SPOTLIGHT 
  October 3 – I Read What You Write – REVIEW, GUEST POST 
  October 4 – BookishKelly2020 – SPOTLIGHT 
  October 4 – Sapphyria's Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT 

  Have you signed up to be a Tour Host? Click Here to Find Details and Sign Up Today!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

The Last Ten Pounds by Lina Sage